Score: 10th of 11 teams
Location: Brunswick, Maine (Magee-Samuelson Track)
Invitational: NESCAC Championships
Date: Saturday, April 29th
The Lead: The Wesleyan University men's track and field team competed in the NESCAC Championships where it earned a tenth place finish.
- The 10,000-meter run saw Reid Hawkins '17 come in seventh with a personal record time of 31:41.27, which qualifies him for the Open New England Championships. Henry Vansant '18 also set a PR in the event by taking 20 seconds off his personal best time as he crossed the finish line in 33:51.83.
- Tate Knight '18 finished the 3,000-meter steeplechase in seventh with a mark of 9:46.27, while Kevin McMorrow '20 finished right behind him in eighth with a PR time of 9:46.55. Bill Bajohr '20 also set a new PR with a mark of 9:57.55, as all three times qualified for the Division III New England Championships.
- Andrew McCracken '19 finished second in the pole vault with a mark of 4.40m. Jessy Carrasco-Gonzales '18 finished tenth as he cleared 3.95m.
- Wesley Layug '17 earned a 13th place finish in the triple jump with a mark of 12.51m.
HEAD COACH WALTER CURRY:
- "The few points were hard to come by for our men today. The ones we did get were earned with some great performances.
- "Our effort was great, but the results were not all what we hoped for from our men. However, this experience will toughen and inspire our men to continue to excel with every competition in the future."
- Several Cardinals will compete in the New England Division III Championships, which will be held from Friday, May 5th – Saturday, May 6th at Williams College.