STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – Junior Andrew McCracken finished fourth overall in the pole vault and freshman Kyron Roberts placed sixth in the 400-meter dash for the Wesleyan University men's track & field team on Friday, as the Cardinals opened their 2018 season at the Wagner Invitational in Staten Island, N.Y.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Freshman Kevin DeLoughry did not waste any time announcing his arrival to the collegiate stage, as the Westwood, N.J. native placed ninth overall in the 400m with a time of 50.92.
- Freshman Delando Clarke also registered a superb outing in his collegiate debut, placing 11th in the triple jump (13.09m) and 18th in the 60m (7.24).
- Wesleyan's "A" team took home 11th-place acknowledgement in the 4x400m relay with a time of 3:29.60, while senior Drew Trotman tallied times of 7.82 and 24.32 in the 60m and 200m, respectively.
- Junior George Avrassoglou earned a 21st-place nod during the 500m (1:10.56), and junior Olaniyi Adebayo grabbed 27th-place honors in the shot put (11.20) and the weight throw (12.34).
- Sophomore Jack Northrop competed in the 200m (25.44) and the long jump (5.33), while senior Colin Mahoney reeled off a time of 1:11.75 during the 500m.
- Sophomore Ricardo Vazquez took part in the shot put (10.41) and the weight throw (10.06).
- The Cardinals are thrilled to return home for the Indoor Little Three Championship on Saturday, Jan. 13, (noon) at the Bacon Field House in Middletown, Conn.