MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – Senior Andrew McCracken finished first overall in the pole vault and freshman Delando Clarke grabbed second-place honors in the high jump, triple jump and long jump for the Wesleyan University men's track and field team on Saturday during the Indoor Little Three Championship at the Bacon Field House.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Williams won the event with 151 team points, and Amherst came in second with a score of 124. Wesleyan earned 76 team points for a third-place finish.
- Clarke compiled a well-rounded performance for the Cardinals, as he also earned fifth-place recognition during the 60m dash with a time of 7.28. Senior Drew Trotman was outstanding during the 200m, clocking a time of 24.40, which allowed him to finish third overall.
- Wesleyan earned three of the top-four finishes in the pole vault, with senior Jessy Carrasco-Gonzalez (3.95 meters) and sophomore Pau Rius Valor (3.50) checking in at the No. 3 and 4 slots, respectively.
- Freshman Kevin DeLoughry (51.41) and freshman Kyron Roberts (2:05.78) placed in the third slot during the 400m and 800m, respectively.
- During the 3,000m, sophomore Conner Sexton registered a third-place performance (8:45.86), and sophomore Grant van Inwegen (8:58.33) finished in the fifth slot.
- Junior Olaniyi Adebayo was the fifth-place performer in a pair of individual events, including the shot put (12.33) and the weight throw (13.03).
- During the 4x400m relay, Roberts, DeLoughry, junior George Avrassoglou, senior Colin Mahoney and Trotman finished second overall with a time of 3:33.41.
- The Cardinals will be back in action at the Smith Invite on Saturday, starting at 11 a.m.