NORTHHAMPTON, Mass. – Junior Andrew McCracken of the Wesleyan University men's track & field team finished first overall and posted a school record with a mark of 4.60 meters during the pole vault event on Saturday, as the Cardinals recorded a third-place finish out of four teams with a score of 86 points at the Smith Pioneer Invitational in Northhampton, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Junior Olaniyi Adebayo grabbed second-place finishes in the weight throw (12.91) and the shot put (11.79), while sophomore Ricardo Vazquez finished third overall in the shot put with a mark of 11.61.
- Freshman Delando Clarke recorded a trio of top-three finishes for Wesleyan, including grabbing first-place honors in the high jump (1.85), a second-place nod in the triple jump (13.13), and a third-place performance on the track in the 200m (23.86).
- Freshman Kevin DeLoughry, who hails from Westwood, N.J., was the first-place finisher in the 600m, clocking a time of 1:25.96.
- During the 800m, freshman Kyron Roberts and junior George Avrassoglou placed second and fourth overall, respectively, with times of 2:02.02 and 2:03.11.
- Sophomore Jack Northrop was the fifth-place finisher for the Cardinals during the 200m, while placing fifth overall with a time of 25.17.
- The Cardinals will compete at the Wheaton College Invitational on Friday at 5 p.m.