MIDDLEBURY, Vt. – Sophomore Grant van Inwegen placed sixth overall in the 1,000-meter run and freshman Kevin DeLoughry earned a ninth-place nod in the 400m for the Wesleyan University men's track & field team on Saturday, as the Cardinals finished in a tie for 23rd overall during the New England Division III Championship at Middlebury College.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Junior Andrew McCracken finished in a tie for 13th overall in the pole vault, tallying a mark of 4.36, while senior Jessy Carrasco-Gonzalez recorded a mark of 4.21 in the event.
- Freshman Delando Clarke, who grew up in Hartford, Conn., posted a 13.09 in the triple jump, which was good for 11th overall. He also pitched in with a mark of 6.02 during the long jump.
- DeLoughry, freshman Kyron Roberts, junior Geogre Avrassoglou and freshman Jay Carter garnered 13th-place recognition during the 4x400m relay, clocking a time of 3:31.31.
- Roberts crossed the finish line with the clock showing 1:27.83 during the 600m.
- The Cardinals will suit up for the Fast Track Last Chance meet on Saturday (4 p.m.) at the Ocean Breeze Athletic Complex in Staten Island, N.Y.