Mar 23, 2019
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Wesleyan men's track and field team opened the outdoor season with seven first-place finishes at the Wesleyan Spring Classic on Saturday.
- Christian Denny bested all competitors in the 200, crossing the finish line in 22.90.
- In the 800, Kyron Roberts crossed the finish line in first-place with a time of 2:03.95, seven seconds ahead of the next runner.
- Griffin Maristany came in first in the 400, clocking in at 51.90.
- Wesleyan swept the 5,000 earning the top-four places. Kevin McMorrow led the pack, crossing the finish line in 15:22.69, followed by Adam Linsky (15:39.39), Grant van Inwegen (15:55.03) and Dale Ross (16:07.59).
- The Cardinals swept both hurdle events, with Nick Carulli crossing the line in 16.11 in the 110 hurdles, before Kevin DeLoughry placed led the field in the 400 hurdles with a time of 56.50.
- Andrew McCracken came in first in the pole vault with a mark of 4.55m.
- Carulli earned runner-up honors in the long jump with a mark of 6.33m.
- Third-place finishes came from Maristany in the 200 (23.05) and Andrew Dearborn in the high jump (1.75m)
- Fourth-place finishes came from Denny in the 100 (11.33), Ethan Walker in the 1,500 (4:26.60) and Connell Oberman in the discus (35.28m).
- The Cardinals are back in action on Saturday when they head to the Tufts Snowflake Classic.