AMHERST, Mass. – The men's track and field team came in fifth out of six teams at the Amherst Spring Fling on Saturday, and also had athletes compete at Princeton's Sam Howell Invitational. The Cardinals are back in action on Saturday when they head to the Connecticut College Invite.
AMHERST SPRING FLING HIGHLIGHTS:
- Andrew McCracken placed first overall in the pole vault with a height of 4.40m.
- Kevin DeLoughry raced to first-place in the 400m, clocking in at 50.19, while Kyron Roberts was right behind in second (50.75). The duo also raced well in the 200m, as both DeLoughry (22.75) and Roberts (23.00) recorded personal best times with their fourth and seventh place finishes.
- Bill Bajohr shaved nearly 10 seconds off his personal best time in the 1500m, crossing the finish line in 4:04.65 which was good for fifth place. Miles Aronow, Ethan Walker, Tommy Doyle, Alexander Blaylock, Dale Ross, Will Ratner, Matt Frishkoff and Benjamin Cahill all recorded personal record times in the event.
- Griffin Maristany recorded a personal best time in the 200m, clocking in at 23.01, while Christian Denny crossed the finish line in 51.51 in the 400m to record a personal best time.
- Noah Olsen finished sixth in the javelin with a personal best mark of 43.37m.
SAM HOWELL INVITATIONAL HIGHLIGHTS:
- In a field primarily of Division I runners, Grant van Inwegen finished 13th overall in the 1500m with a time of 4:00.42.