Sep 08, 2018
AMHERST, Mass. – The men's cross country team opened its season at the Little Three Championship on Saturday. Amherst won the meet with 27 points and had four runners in the top ten.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Kevin McMorrow was the top-finisher for Wesleyan. McMorrow covered the 6k course with a time of 20:07.1 which was good for eighth place.
- Grant van Inwegen placed 17th overall, and second for the Cardinals with a time of 20:27.8.
- Matt Frishkoff (20:58.2), William Bajohr (21:05.2) and Tommy Doyle (21:06.7) all had strong performances over the 6k course.
- Benjamin Cahill and Dale Ross rounded out the scorers for Wesleyan with times of 21:17.3 and 21:24.7, respectively.
- The Cardinals will travel to Lehigh University on Saturday, September 29 for the Paul Short Run. This will be the 45th year of the event and the men's race will begin at 12:15 p.m.