Game One Score: Bowdoin 7, Wesleyan 3
Game Two Score: Bowdoin 3, Wesleyan 2
Records: Wesleyan (8-12, 0-2 NESCAC West); Bowdoin (16-6, 1-1 NESCAC East)
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Softball Field)
Date: Saturday, April 8th
Time: 2 p.m. / 4:20 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University softball team fell to Bowdoin College in a double-header on Saturday afternoon.
GAME ONE HIGHLIGHTS:
- Izzy Linzer '17 made a nice diving stab in the first to rob Emily Griffin of a base hit.
- Rachel Kantor '19 made a great diving play and throw to get Marisa O'Toole at first in the second inning.
- The Polar Bears would score four runs in the third. Claire McCarthy and O'Toole knocked in two runs each in the frame.
- The visitors would increase their lead to 7-0 with three runs in the fifth inning
- Jenna Putala '20 laced a double down the leftfield line to score Estella Zeng '19 and Kendall Carr '19 to make the score 7-2.
- The Cardinals added a run in the bottom of the seventh on an RBI groundout by Rachel Curran '20 to make the score 7-3, but that's as close as they would get and Bowdoin would take game one by a score of 7-3.
GAME TWO HIGHLIGHTS:
- Wesleyan took an early 1-0 lead in the first as Julie McDonald '18 singled home Linzer from third.
- Hayley Lipson '20 hit a sacrifice fly to center which scored Carr to give the Cardinals a 2-0 advantage.
- The visitors would cut their deficit in half with an RBI single from O'Toole in the top of the fourth.
- A two-run double by Allison Rutz put the Polar Bears on top 3-2 in the top of the fifth.
- Bowdoin would hold Wesleyan scoreless the rest of the way and claim the 3-2 win.
- The Cardinals will return to action on Tuesday, April 11th as they will host a non-conference double-header against Eastern Connecticut State. First pitch of game one is scheduled to begin at 3 p.m. and game two will being at approximately 5 p.m.