Regatta: Riverfront Recapture Regatta
Result: 1st of 12 in Open 8
Location: Hartford, Conn. (Connecticut River)
Date: Sunday, October 2, 2016
Time: 9 a.m.
The Lead: In its first regatta since its historic 2015-16 season, the Wesleyan University women's crew team excelled Sunday morning as the Cardinals finished first overall in the Open 8, the Open 4 and the Open Novice 4 at the Riverfront Recapture Regatta.
- The Cardinals cruised to the win as they finished 9.63 seconds ahead of the second-place boat, Division I UConn, with a time of 19:26.33.
- Wesleyan also placed fourth in the race as it crossed the finish line in 17:34.75.
- In the Open 4, the Cardinals once again cruised to victory as they finished in 16.21.97 – over 14 seconds ahead of second-place UConn.
- Wesleyan boats also took seventh and 14th in the event with times of 17:21.27 and 18:08.67.
- In the Open 4 Novice, which featured two boats, the Cardinals finished ahead of UConn to take first with a time of 19:02.33. The Huskies finished in 19:10.10.
- The Cardinals are back in action Sunday, Oct. 23 and will compete at the Head of the Charles Regatta on the Charles River in Cambridge, Mass.