Regatta: 52nd Head of the Charles
Result: 1st of 28 in Collegiate 8
Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Charles River)
Date: Sunday, October 23, 2016
Time: 1:28 p.m./3:31 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's crew team continues to excel as the Cardinals finished first out of 28 boats from Division I, II and III programs at the 52nd Annual Head of the Charles Sunday afternoon.
- Wesleyan's Varsity 8 boat finished in 18:04.538, almost a full second ahead of the second-place boat and nearly four seconds ahead of the third-place boat.
- The crew consisted of Sarah Osborn '19, Clara Babbott-Ward '20, Emma Halter '17, Allison Quintana '19, Annalee Holmdahl '17, Rachelle Flowers '19, Amanda Molitor '18 and Ava Miller-Lewis '17 and coxswain Rachael Crunkleton '20.
- Ithaca finished in second with a time of 18:05.494 and the William College Boat Club placed third in 18:08.416.
- Two hours earlier, the Wesleyan Varsity 4 boat finished 10th overall in the 35-team field with a mark of 21:57.064.
- The crew featured Grace Middleton '20, Alexandra Branman '19, Sonja Welch '20, Olivia Pearson '19 and coxswain Elisa Greenberg '18.
- Additionally, Wesleyan's Club 4 boat competed and finished 24th overall out of 59 teams with a mark of 20:44.5. The crew consisted of Emma Porrazzo '19, Eleanor Highleyman '19, Monica Rao '19 and Kate Suslovic '17.
- The Cardinals are back in action Saturday, Oct. 29 and will compete at the Head of the Fish Regatta at Lee's Park in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.