Regatta: Wesleyan vs. Williams
Location: Pittsfield, Mass. (Onota Lake)
Date: Saturday, April 22, 2017
The Lead: The nationally-ranked No. 2 Wesleyan University women's crew defeated No. 3 Williams College in the Varsity 8 on Saturday morning for the first time since 1999. With the win, the Varsity 8 boat claimed the Little Three title.
- The Cardinals cruised past the Ephs in the Varsity 8 as they finished in 6:58.39. Williams crossed the finish line in 7:04.17.
- The teams also competed in the 2nd Varsity 8 and the 3V8, with Williams claiming both races. In the 2nd Varsity 8, the Ephs finished in 7:03.98 and Wesleyan crossed the line in 7:10.95.
- Williams also won the 3V8 with a time of 7:22.52. The Cardinals finished in 7:46.74.
HEAD COACH PAT TYNAN:
- "We took control of the varsity race early and executed the race plan really well. The team continues to improve fitness, efficiency and racing toughness. We have more speed to unlock over the next couple of weeks."
- The Cardinals return to the water Saturday, May 6 for the New England Rowing Championships on Lake Quinsigamond in Worcester, Mass.