HARTFORD, Conn. – Wesleyan University women's crew kicked off its fall season today with a win in the women's open 8 and a strong overall showing at the Head of the Riverfront Regatta in Hartford, Conn. on the Connecticut River.
- The Cardinals soared to first and sixth place finishes in the women's open 8. The first-place boat finished in 15:43.55, while the sixth-place boat crossed the line at 16:36.57.
- In the open 8, Division I UConn was second in 15:55.87, more than 12 seconds back of Wesleyan's top boat.
- The Cardinals showed up in numbers in the women's open 4, putting three boats in the top-5.
- In the open 4, Wesleyan finished second (19:45.45), fourth (19:43.15), and fifth (19:49.34).
- The Cardinals will gear up for the Head of the Charles Regatta in Cambridge, Mass. from Oct. 21-22.