WINTER PARK, Fla. – Wesleyan University women's crew opened its 2018 spring schedule with a clean sweep at the Rollins Spring Break Race on Lake Maitland in Winter Park, Fla. The Cardinals won each event they competed in—the Varsity 8, Second Varsity 8, Third Varsity 8, and Novice 4—against Rollins, Trinity and the University of Florida.
- It was a strong showing for the Cardinals, who have not competed since a first-place finish at the Head of the Fish on Oct. 28. Wesleyan cruised to a win in the Varsity 8 as it crossed the finish line in 6:39.4, while Rollins placed second in 6:53.7
- In the Second Varsity 8, the Cardinals took first with a time of 6:58.1 as Florida placed second in 7:07.9.
- Only Wesleyan and Florida competed in the Third Varsity 8, as the Cardinals crossed the finish line in 7:08.5 and the Gators finished in 7:25.2.
- All four crews raced in the Novice 4 with Wesleyan coming out on top with a time of 8:04.2. Rollins placed second in 8:15.4.
HEAD COACH PAT TYNAN:
- "It was a good opportunity to test our speed in perfect racing conditions and refocus our training for the next week. I want to thank the Rollins coaching staff and officials for running a great race."
- The Cardinals are back in action Saturday, March 31 and will compete at the Murphy Cup on the Schuylkill River in Philadelphia, Pa.