MEDFORD, Mass. – No. 2 Wesleyan University women's crew competed on the Malden River Saturday morning in a four-team regatta that featured Bates, Tufts and Wellesley. The Cardinals swept the Jumbos in the Varsity 8, Second Varsity 8 and Third Varsity 8 to highlight the day.
- Wesleyan claimed its first three races of the morning. The Cardinals started things off by defeating the Jumbos in the semifinals of the Varsity 8 with a time of 7:01.17. The Jumbos crossed the finish line in 7:04.05.
- The win, coupled with a Bates victory over Wellesley, pinned the top two programs against each other in the Varsity 8 finals. The Bobcats, ranked No. 1 in Division III, came away victorious as they finished in 6:54.28. The Cardinals recorded a mark of 7:03.63.
- Wesleyan also defeated Tufts, the host school, in the Second Varsity 8 and Third Varsity 8 races. The Cardinals' 3V8 boat won convincingly by a 25-second margin.
- The Bobcats defeated Wesleyan in the 2V8 and 3V8 finals.
- The Cardinals return to the water Saturday, April 21 and will compete in a head-to-head matchup against Williams in Pittsfield, Mass.