Score: Wesleyan 4, Salve Regina 3
Records: Wesleyan (2-1-0, 0-0-0 NESCAC), Salve Regina (0-8-1, 0-5-1 NEHC)
Location: Middletown, R.I. (St. George's Rink)
Date: Tuesday, November 22nd
Time: 7 p.m.
The Lead: Down 2-0 after the first period, the Wesleyan University women's ice hockey team would score three goals in the second and one in the third as they rallied to defeat Salve Regina 4-3 on Tuesday night.
- The Seahawks scored the games first goal at 8;08 gone by in the first as Brooke Morgan set up Caroline Prezioso for her first goal of the season.
- Taylor Chisholm would give the home team a 2-0 lead at 13:25.
- The Cardinals comeback began in the second period as Alex Horton '18 passed the puck to Jess Brennan '17 who found the back of the net and brought Wesleyan to within one goal.
- Rachel Aronow '17 would tie the game at 2 as she took a pass from Allie Damren '20 and put the puck past Salve netminder Jennifer O'Connell at 14:24.
- The Cardinals would take the 3-2 lead a few minutes later on Brennan's second goal of the game at 18:11. The goal was assisted by Sam Curran '17 and Katherine Flaherty '19.
- In the third, Horton would take the Caroline Seibold '20 pass and give Wesleyan the 4-2 advantage.
- Amanda Cronin would score for the Seahawks at 13:27 to bring them to within a goal at 4-3, but the Cardinals would go onto secure the 4-3 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sam Smith '20 earned her first win in net for Wesleyan, making 26 saves.
- O'Connell made 22 saves in goal for Salve.
- Neither team was able to convert on the powerplay, as both went 0-5 with the extra skater.
- The home team held a 29-26 advantage in shots.
- Wesleyan will return to the ice on Sunday, November 27th as they will take on Holy Cross at 4 p.m.
- Salve Regina returns to action on Tuesday, November 29th to take on Conn. College at 7 p.m.