Score: Williams 2, Wesleyan 1
Records: Wesleyan (2-4-0, 0-2-0 NESCAC); Williams (3-3-0, 3-1-0 NESCAC)
Location: Williamstown, Mass. (Lansing Chapman Rink)
Date: Sunday, December 4th
Time: 3 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's ice hockey dropped a tough 2-1 decision to Little Three rival Williams College on Sunday afternoon at Lansing Champan Rink.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Ephs got on the board first as Abby Brustad scored at 5:03 in the first period. Her goal was assisted by Sarah Lehman and Anna Fucillo.
- The Cardinals would respond, as Bridget Sherman '19 would tie the game at one all with 17:57 gone by in the period. Her first goal of the season was assisted by Kendall Carr '19 and Gina Mangiafridda '19.
- In the second period Wesleyan would take 15 shots and Williams would take 14, but none of the shots would find the back of the net.
- Just 34 seconds into the third period, Sarah Lehman would score the game winning goal for the home team, with assists from Mia Carroll and Anna Fucillo.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Allegra Grant '20 stopped 42 of the 44 shots she faced in the game.
- Marissa Anderson notched her second win of the season as she made 27 saves for Williams.
- Wesleyan's penalty kill was able to hold the Ephs to 0-7 with the extra skater.
- The Cardinals will return to the ice on Friday, December 9th as they head to Endicott for a 7 p.m. contest.
- Williams is back in action on Wednesday, December 7th as they will host Castleton at 7 p.m.