Score: Wesleyan 2, Hamilton 1
Records: Wesleyan (7-5-3, 4-3-1 NESCAC), Hamilton (8-5-2, 4-3-1 NESCAC)
Location: Hamilton, N.Y. (Russell Sage Rink)
Date: Saturday, January 21st
Time: 3 p.m.
The Lead: Tied 1-1 in the third period, Jackie Kilar '19 would score the game winning goal as the Wesleyan University women's ice hockey team defeated Hamilton College 2-1 on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Cardinals got on the board early on the first on the power play as Cici Frattasio '18 netted her fifth goal of the season as she redirected the pass from Abby Rutt' 17 into the net at 2:42. Gina Mangiafridda '19 also earned an assist on the goal.
- Neither team would score in the second period, however Wesleyan goaltender Allegra Grant '20 made a fantastic glove save to rob Emily Williams of the tying goal.
- The Continentals would eventually tie the game at 3:44 in the third on a Gillian Roberts goal which was assisted by Andrea Rockey and Emily Williams.
- Kilar would net the game winning goal at 8:33 as Alicia Nickolenko '20 sent a centering pass to Kilar who took a wrist shot and got the puck past Hamilton netminder Sam Walther.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Grant earned her sixth win, making 35 saves in the game.
- Walther made 15 saves for Hamilton.
- The Continentals outshot Wesleyan 36-17.
- The Cardinals held Hamilton to 0-5 on the power play.
- Wesleyan will return to the ice on Friday, January 27th as they will host the Bowdoin Polar Bears for a 7 p.m. game.
- The Continentals are back in action on Tuesday, January 24th as they will take on Cortland at 7 p.m.