Score: Trinity 2, Wesleyan 1
Records: Wesleyan (7-9-4, 4-7-2 NESCAC), Trinity (7-12-2, 6-6-1 NESCAC)
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Spurrier-Snyder Rink)
Date: Saturday, February 11
Time: 7 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's ice hockey team fell to the visiting Trinity Bantams 2-1 on Saturday night at Spurrier-Snyder Rink.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Cardinals got off to a quick start, scoring just 41 seconds into the game. Cici Frattasio '18 took the puck just inside the Trinity zone, skated down and snuck the backhanded shot past the pads Sydney Belinskas for the 1-0 lead.
- The Bantams would tie the game at 10:07 gone by in the second as Melissa Maffeo went top-shelf over the glove of Allegra Grant '20 for her fourth goal of the season. The goal was assisted by Kayla O'Connor and Hannah Oganeku.
- Kelcie Finn would score the game-winning goal for Trinity at 13:58 in the third period as she found space over the glove shoulder of Grant. Her goal was assisted by Maffeo.
- Wesleyan would pull Grant late in the game and apply some pressure, but would not be able to tie the game and the visitors would take the game 2-1.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Grant made 27 saves in goal for the Cardinals.
- Frattasio increased her team leading point total to 11, and also leads the team with six goals.
- Belinskas made 21 saves in net for Trinity.
- The two teams will wrap up their home-and-home series tomorrow at Trinity in a 4 p.m. contest.