Jan 04, 2019
WATERVILLE, Maine – The Wesleyan women's hockey team (3-5-0, 1-2-0) fell 2-0 to Colby on Friday evening. The win was the Mules (4-2-3, 3-2-0) fifth-straight.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Neither team was able to produce much offense in the first period, with Colby holding a 7-4 edge in shots advantage.
- The Mules opened up the scoring with 15:19 expired in the second frame when Mikayla McLaughlin sent a pass to Lucy Dembeck on the right side. Dembeck lifted the puck over Wesleyan goalie Allegra Grant, making it 1-0.
- Colby increased its lead to 2-0 just 43 seconds later when Colleen Donoghue one-timed a dish from Anna Consentino.
- The third period saw back and forth action again, with neither team finding the back of the net, as the Mules held on for the win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Grant made 33 saves in goal for the Cardinals, while Cierra San Roman made 20 stops in net to pick up the win for the Mules.
- Wesleyan and Colby will battle each other again tomorrow at 3:00 p.m., before the Cardinals host Connecticut College next weekend.