WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. ? Taran Carr '16 and Chris Siracusa '16 went 3-0 on the day, but the Wesleyan University wrestling team fell to No. 9 Ithaca College (36-8), No. 16 Williams College (43-10) and SUNY-Oneonta (28-25) Saturday in a quad meet hosted by the Ephs.
WILLIAMS MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
- The Cardinals were defeatedChris Siracusa43-10.
- In the 157-pound weight class, Chris Siracusa '16 earned a major decision to score the first points for Wesleyan.
- Carr was the other Cardinal to score as he pinned Carl Sangree in 2:48 at 174 pounds.
SUNY-ONEONTA MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
- Wesleyan was edged by SUNY-Oneonta, 28-25.
- Trailing 6-0, the Cardinals evened the score when Dylan Jones '19 won by forfeit in the 133-pound weight class.
- Wesleyan won the next two matches as Carter Armendarez '18 earned a decision at 149, and Siracusa claimed another major decision at 157.
- Carr and Isaiah Bellamy '18 each pinned their opponents. Carr pinned Austin Scheer in 2:02 in the 174-pound weight class, and Bellamy pinned Peter Pjetr in 1:24 at 197 pounds.
- Despite a 25-22 lead, the Cardinals lost by forfeit in the 285-pound weight class.
ITHACA MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
- Wesleyan fell to Ithaca, 36-8.
- Carr and Siracusa claimed the Cardinals' only wins.
- Siracusa earned a 3-1 sudden victory decision, and Carr won a 16-0 technical fall in 6:11.
- The Cardinals are back in action Sunday, Feb. 14 and will host Lycoming College and SUNY-Oswego in Silloway Gymnasium beginning at 12 p.m.