Results: Wesleyan 23, WPI 15 / Wesleyan 32, Norwich 12 / Wesleyan 24, Centenary 15
Records: Wesleyan (9-7); WPI (12-12); Norwich (7-9); Centenary (11-3)
Location: Middletown, Conn.
Date: Sunday, February 12, 2017
The Lead: On "Senior Sunday", the Wesleyan University wrestling team excelled as it went a perfect 3-0 in its first and only home meet of the 2016-17 season as the Cardinals defeated WPI (23-15) and Norwich (32-12), and wrapped up the day with a 24-15 win over No. 19 Centenary.
- Senior Devon Carrillo, who was honored prior to the start of the quad meet, went 3-0 on the day to remain perfect this season. The No. 3 ranked wrestling in the country pinned David Rogers of Norwich in 2:10, while also claiming two decisions.
- Roy Forys '19, James Matias '19 and Dominic Pirraglia '18 each went a perfect 3-0 on the day as well. Forys competed at 165, Matias wrestled at 141 and co-captain Pirraglia competed at 175.
- Also highlighting the day for the Cardinals were Amir Daouk '20 and Isaiah Bellamy '18. Daouk, who wrestled at 125, finished 2-1 on the day while heavyweight and co-captain Bellamy posted a 2-1 record as well.
- After opening the season with a 4-7 dual-match record, Wesleyan has now won five straight and are 9-7 overall.
- The Cardinals return to action for the NEWA Futures Tournament Sunday, Feb. 19 at Johnson & Wales and will compete at the Northeast Regional Championships Saturday, Feb. 25 and Sunday, Feb. 26 at Roger Williams.