MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – Senior Devon Carrillo and junior Carter Armendarez will compete in the two-day NCAA Division III Wrestling Championships held March 10-11 at the La Crosse Center in La Crosse, Wisconsin. The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse will serve as the host.
- Carrillo, in his second season as a collegiate wrestler, returns to the NCAA Tournament for a second year in a row and is seeded fourth at 197.
- He entered the NCAA Northeast Regional Championships as the No. 1 seed and reached the finals, which resulted in a rematch against the No. 2 seed, Carlos Toribio of Ithaca. Carrillo defeated Toribio earlier in the season, but fell in the finals at regionals to finish second.
- The senior, who was recently named Connecticut's 2017 Male Athlete of the Year by the Connecticut Sports Writers' Alliance, enters the national postseason tournament with an incredible 22-1 overall record this season.
- Armendarez qualified for the NCAA Championships for the first time in his career. Entering regionals as the No. 6 seed at 149, the junior went 4-1 overall to finish third.
- The junior enters NCAA's with an 18-8 record.
- The last time Wesleyan competed in Lac Crosse, Wis. was 2012 – one of the most historic seasons in Wesleyan wrestling history. The team won the New England Conference Championship at home, sent four competitors to the NCAA Tournament, and Jefferson Ajayi '13 earned All-America honors at 184.