Score: Mount Holyoke 2, Wesleyan 0
Records: Wesleyan (1-1); Mount Holyoke: (2-2)
Location: South Hadley, Mass. (Mount Holyoke Soccer Field)
Date: Saturday, September 10
Time: 12 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's soccer team suffered its first loss of the year as the Cardinals dropped a 2-0 decision against Mount Holyoke College on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Lyons opened up the scoring early with an Avia Jacobs goal at 8:50 in the first half.
- Mount Holyoke would score again with just under four minutes remaining in the half, as Sara Sanau Ruiz set up Jamie Collings for the goal at 41:27.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Cardinals outshot the Lyons by an 18-6 margin.
- Wesleyan also held the advantage in corner kicks totaling five, while Mount Holyoke registered one.
- Zoe Marshall earned the win for the Lyons as she made three saves in the match.
- Claire Coyle '20 played the first half for Wesleyan, while Zoe Cassels-Brown '20 came in for the second half and made two saves.
- The Cardinals will return home to play Albertus Magnus on Tuesday, September 13 at 4:30 p.m.
- Mount Holyoke will be in action on Tuesday as well, as they will host Western New England University at 6 p.m.