Score: Trinity 4, Wesleyan 0
Records: Wesleyan (2-4-3, 0-2-3 NESCAC), Trinity (6-1-2, 4-1-0 NESCAC)
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Smith Field)
Date: Wednesday, October 5th
Time: 4 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's soccer team fell to NESCAC rival Trinity College, 4-0, on Wednesday afternoon.
- The Bantams scored all four of their goals in the first half with the first goal coming at 13:03 as Nicole Stauffer set up Laura Nee for the score.
- Just a few minutes later at 15:41, Andi Nicholson would break free from the Cardinals' defense and find the back of the net for the 2-0 advantage.
- The visitors added another goal at 20:59 as Stauffer registered her second assist of the game on a Taylor Kirchgessner goal.
- Sheena Landy would complete the scoring as she headed in the corner kick by Kendra Leana for the 4-0 lead.
- Wesleyan would put some pressure on Bantams' goaltender, Julia Pitino, as Mo Nelson '19, Olivia Gorman '19 and Lauren Goetzman '19 all had good looks for the Cardinals in the second half, but were denied by Pitino.
- The two teams would play a scoreless second half as Trinity would claim the 4-0 win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Zoe Cassels-Brown '20 and Claire Coyle '20 combined for seven saves in the game.
- Goetzman and Gorman led Wesleyan with two shots on goal each.
- Trinity held the slight edge in shots at 16-11, and corner kicks at 8-4.
- The Cardinals will return to the field on Saturday, October 8th as they will travel to Colby to take on the Mules at 11 a.m.
- The Bantams are also back in action on Saturday as they will play at Bowdoin at 2 p.m.