Score: Conn. College 2, Wesleyan 0
Records: Wesleyan (3-9-3, 0-7-3 NESCAC), Connecticut College (10-4-1, 5-4-1 NESCAC)
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Jackson Field)
Date: Tuesday, October 25th
Time: 3:15 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's soccer team fell to Connecticut College, 2-0 on Tuesday afternoon. The game was the final of the 2016 season for the Cardinals.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Neither team could generate much offense for the early portion of the match with both defenses not allowing many opportunities.
- The Camels broke the scoreless tie when Michelle Medina put in the rebound off a Lauren Steele shot that hit the post. The goal at 17:14 would give the visitors the 1-0 lead.
- Wesleyan's defense made many great plays throughout the game. Chrissy Gonzalez-Gandolfi'17, Kinsey Yost '19 and Carly Swenson '17 made great plays to keep Conn. off the board.
- The second half played much like the first with both teams' defenses keeping the offense at bay.
- The Camels would score a late goal at 85:47 as Alex Baltazar was able to find space in the Cardinals' defense and put the ball past goalkeeper Meg Hanan '18 for the 2-0 lead.
- Conn. would go onto claim the 2-0 win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Hanan made six save in net for the Cardinals.
- The visitors held the advantage in shots at 13-4 and corner kicks at 5-0.
- Liz Young '19 and Nicole Brodkowitz '20 each took two shots in the match for the home team.