WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – The 23rd-ranked Wesleyan University women's squash team dropped a pair of dual matches to Little Three rivals, No. 11 Williams (8-1) and No. 16 Amherst (8-1) Sunday afternoon on the campus of Williams College.
- Following Sunday's losses, the Cardinals are now 4-9 overall on the season.
- Laila Samy '18 continues to excel in her second season as she claimed two wins on the day from the No. 1 spot.
- In Sunday's first match, Samy earned a 3-0 sweep over Nicole Friedman with scores of 11-4, 11-4, 11-8. Despite the win, Williams swept courts No. 2-9 to earn the victory.
- Samy earned another sweep in the second match of the day as she defeated Kim Krayacich of Amherst with wins of 11-9, 11-6, 11-2.
- In the No. 5 spot, Abigail Smith '17 jumped out to a 2-0 lead with wins of 12-10 and 11-8. However, Priya Sinha responded with three consecutive victories (11-8, 11-4, 11-1) to seal the win.
- Amherst earned 3-0 sweeps on the remaining seven courts.
- Wesleyan awaits its seeding in the 2016 NESCAC Championship, and will return to action Friday, Feb. 5 for first round action at the George A. Kellner Squash Center on the campus of Trinity College.