Scores: Wesleyan 8, Conn. College 1
Records: Wesleyan (3-3); Conn. College (2-4)
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Rosenbaum Squash Center)
Date: Friday, December 9
Time: 6:30 p.m.
The Lead: The No. 24 Wesleyan University women's squash team cruised to a commanding 8-1 win over No. 29 Connecticut College Friday night in a home match.
- Wesleyan claimed wins from the No. 1-8 positions and swept six matches.
- Laila Samy '18 cruised to a 3-0 victory in the No. 1 spot against Mawa Ballo by scores of 11-1, 11-2, 11-3.
- Abigail Smith '17 and Annie Ferreira '17 also swept their opponents in the top of the lineup, as Smith defeated Adrienne Sieverding 11-4, 11-1, 11-3 in the No. 2 spot and Ferreira claimed wins of 12-10, 11-9, 11-6 against Anne Holly in the No. 3 position.
- After falling in the first set, 11-9, Ali Imperiale '19 defeated Davis Lemay 14-12, 11-3, 11-4 in the next three sets to claim the a win from the No. 4 position.
- Nina Premutico '20 earned a 3-0 sweep over Margaret Davey in the No. 5 spot by scores of 11-7, 11-9, 11-2, and Ale Lampietti '19 swept Jacqueline Chu in the No. 6 position by scores of 11-3, 11-9, 11-8.
- Sherly Francois '20 edged Caroline Lippincott in the No. 8 spot with scores of 11-8, 7-11, 12-10, 11-7 to claim a 3-1 win, and Sofia Melian-Morse '20 swept Phoebe Pilakas in the No. 9 position, 12-10, 11-7, 11-9.
- The Cardinals have a couple weeks off before returning to action Saturday, Jan. 7 to face Yale on the road. The match is scheduled to start at 12 p.m.
- Conn. College is off until Saturday, Jan. 14 when it heads to Yale to face St. Lawrence and Mount Holyoke.