BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Wesleyan University women's squash team cruised to an 8-0 win over No. 25 Bowdoin College Wednesday afternoon.
The Cardinals, ranked No. 21 in the latest CSA College Squash Team Rankings, improved to 4-5 overall on the season while the Polar Bears remain winless at 0-4.
- Wesleyan swept all but two matches on the day.
- At the top of the lineup, Aditi Prasad claimed the No. 1 spot with wins of 11-3, 11-6, 9-11, 11-5 over Clio Bersani.
- Ananya Vir swept the No. 2 match with scores of 11-6, 11-7, 11-5, and Nina Premutico won in four sets in the No. 3 spot. Premutico defeated Melissa Horan 11-9, 11-6, 7-11, 11-9.
- The Cardinals swept No. 4-8 en route to the decisive victory.
- Wesleyan is off until next weekend when it competes in the Pioneer Valley Invitational. On Saturday, Jan. 19 the Cardinals will face Mount Holyoke in the morning (11:30 a.m.) followed by Haverford in the evening (5 p.m.) at Amherst. The following day, they remain at Amherst to face Hamilton at 10:30 a.m.