MIDDLETOWN, Conn. - In its first match of the Pioneer Valley Invitational, the No. 21 Wesleyan University women's squash team defeated No. 28 Haverford College, 7-2 on Friday afternoon. With the win, the Cardinals improved to 5-5 with their second consecutive victory, while the Fords dropped to 5-3.
- Wesleyan took the top three spots in the lineup, which featured two sweeps.
- In the No. 1 position, Aditi Prasad defeated Kailtin Reese by scores of 11-5, 11-4, 11-7, and in the No. 3 spot, Nina Premutico claimed wins of 11-5, 11-3, 11-8 over Shreya Singh.
- Ananya Vir won a five-set thriller in the No. 2 spot as she defeated Isabelle Johnson by marks of 11-9, 8-11, 11-9, 7-11, and 11-9.
- The Cardinals also swept the No. 5, 8, and 9 positions.
- In the No. 7 spot, Sofia Melian-Morse won in four sets against Sophie Jackson. After dropping the first, 10-12, she responded nicely with wins of 11-4, 11-2, 11-6.
- Wesleyan is back in action tomorrow and will face Mount Holyoke at 11:30 a.m. Due to the impending storm, Sunday's match against Hamilton has been cancelled so tomorrow will be the final day of the Pioneer Valley Invitational.