WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – The 21st-ranked Wesleyan University women's squash team competed in the Little Three Championship at Williams College on Saturday in its 2018-19 regular-season finale. The Cardinals fell to No. 15 Williams in their morning match, 9-0, and dropped its afternoon match to No. 16 Amherst, 7-2.
Following the losses, Wesleyan dropped to 5-8 on the season. Williams won the Little Three title and is now 12-7 on the year, while the Mammoths finished 1-1 on the day and are now 6-5.
LITTLE THREE HIGHLIGHTS:
- In their first match of the day, the Cardinals faced a tough Ephs team that swept all nine matches. In the No. 2 spot, Ananya Vir scored the most points for Wesleyan in a difficult 12-10, 11-6, 11-2 loss to Esther Baek.
- The sophomore followed up with a win in the Amherst match, however, as she defeated Rachael Ang in a 3-0 sweep. Vir won by scores of 11-5, 11-8, 11-9 in the No. 2 position.
- Aditi Prasad claimed the other match for the Cardinals as she won at the top of the lineup by marks of 11-6, 11-9, 9-11, 11-9.
- The Mammoths swept the No. 3-9 matches.
- The Cardinals are now off for two weeks as they prepare for the NESCAC Championships which will take place at Trinity beginning Friday, Feb. 8 and ending Sunday, Feb. 10.