HARTFORD, Conn. – The eighth-seeded Wesleyan University women's squash team swept ninth-seeded Colby College in the First Round of the 2019 NESCAC Championships on Friday evening at Trinity College. With the win, the Cardinals improve to 6-8 and will play No. 1 Trinity tomorrow at 10 a.m. in the Quarterfinals.
Friday's match was the ninth meeting in the conference tournament between Wesleyan and Colby, with the win snapping a three-match postseason losing streak to the Mules.
- The Cardinals swept five courts en route to the victory.
- At the top of the lineup, Aditi Prasad cruised past Syndey Annalise Ku by scores of 11-6, 11-8, 11-7.
- Natasha Feenstra, Ali Imperiale, Sofia Melian-Morse and Annie Roach all won in three sets as well, claiming the No. 5, 7, 8 and 9 spots, respectively.
- In the No. 2 position, Ananya Vir claimed a five-set thriller over Julianna Song. Vir saw her 2-0 lead slip away but eventually prevailed, 11-7, 11-7, 12-14, 9-11, 11-4.
- Ale Lampietti also won in five sets, taking the No. 6 spot, and Nina Premutico won the No. 4 position 3-1.