Score: Bates 207, Wesleyan 91
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Wesleyan Natatorium)
Date: Saturday, November 19th
Time: 3 p.m.
The Lead: Zoe Kerrich '18 won the 100-yard breaststroke, but the Wesleyan University women's swimming and diving team fell in its opening meet of the season to Bates College by a score of 207-91.
- Kerrich claimed first place in the 100-yard breast with a time of 1:10.20.
- Freshman Leah Cravitz notched a third place finish in the 200-yard fly with a mark of 2:20.04.
- The 200-yard relay team, made up of Kerrich, Sophia Antonio '19, Kylie Han '19, and Serena Zalkowitz '17 finished second overall with a time of 1:42.79.
- The 200-yard I.M. team of Kerrich, Zalkowitz, Julia Dietz '19, and Maela Whitcomb '19 earned a third place finish with their time of 1:53.98.
- Junior Lauren Conte claimed fourth in the 1000-yard free event, touching the wall in 11:41.44.
- Hannah O'Halloran '20 claimed a second place finish in the 100-yard backstroke event with a time of 1:01.08.
- Emily Kessler '18 totaled 209.61 points in the 1-meter diving event, which was good enough for second place. Sophomores Devon Cooper and Erin Angell came in fourth and fifth respectively.
- Kessler also claimed third in the 3-meter dive with a score of 202.49 while Angell finished fourth with a score of 163.04.
- The Cardinals will return to action on Monday, November 21st as they will host Little Three Rival Amherst at 5 p.m.
- The Bobcats are right back at it as they will take on Trinity tomorrow at 12 p.m.