Score: Amherst 184, Wesleyan 103
Records: Wesleyan (0-2), Amherst (2-0)
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Wesleyan Wesleyan Natatorium)
Date: Monday, November 21, 2016
Time: 5 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's swimming and diving team won three events, but it wasn't enough as they were defeated by Amherst College, 184-103 on Monday night.
- Sophomore Maela Whitcomb completed the 400-yard I.M. with a time of 4:54.18, which was good enough for third place.
- The Cardinals claimed 3-7 in the 50-yard backstroke event. Julia Dietz '19 led the was and was followed by Zoe Kerrich '18, Alexa Code '20 and sophomores Sophia Antonio and Bella Wiener.
- Freshmen Hannah O'Halloran and Grace Middleton claimed third and fourth overall in the 50-yard freestyle event with times of 25.88 and 26.11 respectively.
- Leah Cravitz '20, Dietz and Code finished 2-4 in the 100-yard backstroke event. Cravitz led the way with her second place time of 1:03.46.
- O'Halloran would come out victorious in the 500-yard freestyle event with her time of 5:28.48. Wiener finished in third with a mark of 5:47.12.
- Wesleyan controlled the 50-yard butterfly event, taking the top three spots. Charlotte Pitts '18 finished in first with her mark of 27.93 and was followed by Cravitz (28.27) and Middleton (28.94).
- The Cardinals 400-yard freestyle relay team of O'Halloran, Kylie Han '19, Antonio and Middleton touched the wall first with their time of 3:44.90.
- The Cardinals will return to the pool on Saturday, December 10th as they will host the Connecticut Cup meet at 10 a.m.
- The Purple and White are also back in action on Saturday, December 3rd as they will take on Middlebury at 1 p.m.