Score: Third place (443 points)
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Wesleyan Natatorium)
Date: Saturday, December 3rd
Time: 10 a.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's swimming and diving team earned a top-3 finish at the Connecticut Cup, which was held at the Wesleyan Natatorium. Conn. College won the event and the U.S. Coast Guard claimed second place.
- Hannah O'Halloran claimed the 100-yard backstroke event with a time of 1:00.26. Fellow freshman Caroline Murphy came in second with a mark of 1:01.09.
- Kylie Han '19 won the 200-yarm I.M. event with her time of 2:17.31.
- In the 50-yard backstroke, Murphy claimed second with a time of 28.68 while O'Halloran and Julia Dietz '19 finished in fourth and fifth with times of 29.77 and 29.88 respectively.
- O'Halloran completed the 200-yard backstroke event in 2:09.87, which was good enough for a second place finish.
- Han and Zoe Kerrich '18 came in third and fourth in the 100-yard breaststroke event. Han finished in 1:10.83 while Kerrich finished in 1:11.07.
- The 200-yard freestyle relay team comprised of Han, O'Halloran, Murphy and Sophia Antonio '19 captured third place with their time of 1:41.97.
- The Cardinals controlled the diving events, taking the top-three spots in both the 1 and 3 meter events.
- Emily Kessler '18 won both events and was followed by Devon Cooper '19 and Erin Angell '19.
- The Cardinals are back in the pool on Saturday, December 10th as they will host Tufts, Williams and WPI at beginning at 1 p.m.