Results: Wesleyan 165, WPI 153; Wesleyan 78, Williams 235; Wesleyan 126, Tufts 190
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Wesleyan Natatorium)
Date: Saturday, December 10th
Time: 1 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's swimming and diving team notched six top-three finishes in its meet against Tufts, Williams and WPI on Saturday afternoon at the Wesleyan Natatorium.
- Junior Zoe Kerrich swam to a second place finish in the 50-yard breaststroke event as she touched the wall with a time of 31:53. Kylie Han '19 finished seventh with a time of 32.56. Kerrich also finished third in the 100-yard breaststroke event with a time of 1:09.65, while Han finished the race in fifth place with a time of 1:11.00. Han also finished fifth in the 200-yard breaststroke with a time of 2:36.09.
- In the 50-yard butterfly event, Maela Whitcomb '19 came in fifth with a time of 27.41.
- Lauren Conte '18 earned a tenth place finish in the 500-yard freestyle event with a mark of 5:32.18.
- Freshmen Caroline Murphy and Hannah O'Halloran swan to third and fourth finishes in the 50-yard backstroke event, with Murphy earning third with a time of 27.99 and O'Halloran earning fourth with a mark of 28.46. Julia Dietz '19, Leah Cravitz '20 and Alexa Code '20 finished sixth, eighth and ninth respectively.
- Kerrich earned a fifth place finish in the 50-yard freestyle event with her time of 25.36 while Grace Middleton '20 finished eighth with a mark of 25.89.
- Whitcomb swan to a fourth place finish in the 400-yard IM with a time of 4:49.99.
- Freshman Leah Cravitz earned a ninth place finish in the 100-yard butterfly with a mark of 1:02.17.
- In the 200-yard freestyle event, O'Halloran finished fifth with a time of 2:01.50 while Middleton finished eighth with a time of 2:04.16. O'Halloran also earned a fourth place finish in the 200-yard backstroke event with a time of 2:11.56.
- Murphy earned another third place finish in the 100-yard backstroke event with her time of 1:00.48 while Dietz finished fifth with a mark of 1:02.45 and Sophia Antonio '18 finished seventh with a time of 1:03.48.
- Middleton notched a fifth place finish in the 100-yard freestyle with her time of 56.33.
- The 400-yard freestyle team of Han, Middleton, Serena Zalkowitz '17 and O'Halloran finished in third place with a time of 3:41.46.
- Emily Kessler '18, Devon Cooper '19 and Erin Angell '19 finished 5-7 in the 1-meter diving event with scores of 202.45, 201.60 and 193.60 respectively.
- Kessler captured third place in the 3-meter event with a score of 230.50.
- The Cardinals wrapped up the 2016 portion of their schedule and will return to the pool on Monday, January 2nd as they will host NESCAC foe Hamilton College at 3 p.m.