Score: Wesleyan 202, Hamilton 98
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Wesleyan Natatorium)
Date: Monday, January 2nd
Time: 3 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's swimming and diving team won 12 events on its way to a decisive 202-98 victory over NESCAC foe Hamilton College on Monday afternoon.
- The Cardinals controlled the top two spots in the 400-yard medley relay. The "A" squad made up of Caroline Murphy '20, Zoe Kerrich '18, Maela Whitcomb '19 and Grace Middleton '20 claimed first with their time of 4:09.46. The "B" team made up of Hannah O'Halloran '20, Kylie Han '19, Leah Cravitz '20 and Serena Zalkowitz '17 earned second with their time of 4:09.86.
- The 400-yard free relay team of Murphy, Zalkowitz, Middleton and Kerrich earned a victory with their time of 3:45.93.
- Murphy won the 50-yard back event with her time of 28.24, while Alexa Code '20 finished the event in third place with a mark of 29.57.
- Kerrich won the 50-yard breast event with a time of 32.20 and finished second to Han in the 100-yard breast event with a time of 1:11.83. Han won the event in 1:10.49.
- The 50-yard free event was all Wesleyan as they claimed the top-three spots with Charlotte Pitts '18 (27.94), Cravitz (28.43) and Code (29.32) leading the way.
- Cravitz and Pitts notched first and second place finishes in the 100-yard fly events with times of 1:01.79 and 1:03.19 respectively.
- Zalkowitz (26.57), Sophia Antonio '19 (26.66) and Middleton (26.73) finished 1-3 respectively in the 50-yard free event.
- O'Halloran and Murphy claimed the top two spots in the 100-yard back event with marks of 1:00.09 and 1:01.29 respectively.
- In the 200-yard I.M., Han (2:18.90), O'Halloran (2:19.12), Cravitz (2:19.35) and Stajz Saar '20 claimed the top four spots.
- The Cardinals dominated the diving events, claiming the top-three spots in both the 1 and 3 meter events.
- Emily Kessler '18 won both events, and was followed by Devon Cooper '19 and Erin Angell '19.
- Kessler scored 194.69 in the 1-meter event and 213.82 in the 3-meter.
- Cooper registered a score of 192.01 in the 1-meter and 183.67 in the 3-meter.
- Angell notched a 179.10 in the 1-meter and 166.19 in the 3-meter.
- Wesleyan will return to the pool on Saturday, January 14th as they will take on Roger Williams University at 1 p.m.