Score: Wesleyan 175.5, Roger Williams 121.5
Location: Bristol, R.I. (Aquatics Center)
Date: Saturday, January 14th
Time: 1 p.m.
The Lead: Zoe Kerrich '18, Hannah O'Halloran '20, Serena Zalkowitz '17, and Caroline Murphy '20 established a new pool record in the 400-meter free relay, as the Wesleyan University women's swimming and diving team defeated Roger Williams University 175.5-121.5 on Saturday afternoon.
- The 400-meter relay team swam to the new pool record with their time of 3:43.46.
- O'Halloran came from behind in the 200 free event to win the event with a time of 1:59.91 and also captured first place in the 200-meter backstroke event with her time of 2:10.59.
- The Cardinals captured the top three spots in the 100m backstroke event. Murphy came in first (1:00.60) and was followed by Alexa Code '20 (1:01.65) and Julia Dietz '19 (1:02.22).
- Kerrich claimed two individual victories in the 100m breaststroke (1:10.35) and the 200m breaststroke (2:34.16).
- Wesleyan also claimed the top two spots in the 200-meter butterfly event with Leah Cravitz '20 capturing first with her time of 2:19.21, and Lauren Conte '18 swimming to a second place finish with a mark of 2:22.43.
- The 100m free event also saw the Cardinals capture the top two spots thanks to Murphy (56.37) and Grace Middleton '20 (56.43).
- Wesleyan swept the top three spots in the 1 and 3-meter diving events. Emily Kessler '18 (224.39/209.63), Devon Cooper '19 (197.63/202.27) and Erin Angell '19 (184.95/194.77) finished 1,2,3 in the events respectively.
- The Cardinals return to the pool on Friday, January 20th for day one of a two-day meet at Bowdoin College. Bowdoin, Colby and Trinity will all be participating in the meet. Friday's contest is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m.