Location: Brunswick, Maine (LeRoy Greason Pool)
Date: January 20-21
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's swimming & diving team took on NESCAC foes Bowdoin, Colby and Trinity in a two-day meet over the weekend.
- Zoe Kerrich '18 claimed third in the 50-yard breast stroke event with her time of 32.42.
- Kylie Han '19 notched a second place finish in the 100-yard breast event with a mark of 1:09.99. Kerrich was right behind her in third, finishing in 1:12.05 followed by Anastasia Saar '20 in fourth with a time of 1:12.51. Han also garnered a first place finish in the 200-yard breast with a time of 2:33.77 and was followed by Saar who clocked in at 2:37.14.
- Hannah O'Halloran '20 notched a second place finish in the 50-yard backstroke event with a mark of 29.08. Julia Dietz '19 finished fourth with a time of 29.25. O'Halloran also finished second in the 200-yard back with a mark of 2:10.06.
- In the 100-yard IM, Han finished third, touching the wall with a time of 1:03.45. Kerrich finished right behind her with a time of 1:03.46.
- Caroline Murphy '20 claimed second in the 100-yard back event with her time of 59.94 and she was followed in third place by O'Halloran with a time of 1:01.20. The 50-yard free saw Murphy finish fourth with a mark of 25.33 with Grace Middleton '20 behind her in fifth with a time of 25.65. Murphy also finished the 100-yard free in second with a mark of 55.19 and was followed by Middleton with a time of 55.50.
- The 200-yard medley relay team of Murphy, Kerrich, Middleton and Maela Whitcomb '19 finished second with a time of 1:52.98. The 200-yard free team of Kerrich, Han, Middleton and Murphy also came in second with a time of 1:40.76.
- The Cardinals claimed 5-7 in the 100-yard free with Charlotte Pitts '18 (1:02.43), Middleton (1:02.99) and Leah Cravitz '20 (1:03.25).
- Serena Zalkowitz '17 came in fifth in the 200-yard free with a time of 2:04.70.
- Whitcomb earned a third place finish in the 400-yard IM with a mark of 4:52.30.
- Emily Kessler '18 finished fourth in both the 1 and 3-meter diving events with scores of 216.50 and 203.40 respectively.
- Devon Cooper '19 also claimed fifth in both events with scores of 184.15 (1-meter) and 202.15 (3-meter).
- The Cardinals will return to the pool on Friday, January 27th as they will host Connecticut College and Fairfield University for a 6:30 p.m. meet.