Score: Wesleyan 192.00, Fairfied 108.00 / Connecticut College 205.50, Wesleyan 88.50
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Wesleyan Natatorium)
Date: Friday, January 27th
Time: 6:30 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's swimming and diving team picked up a dual meet victory over Division I Fairfield University, 192-108, but fell to Connecticut College, 205.50-88.50 Friday night.
- The Cardinals 200-yard medley team of Caroline Murphy '20, Zoe Kerrich '18, Maela Whitcomb '19 and Grace Middleton '20 finished in third with a time of 1:51.88. The 200-yard free team also came in second with a time of 1:41.07. The team was made up of Kerrich, Middleton, Murphy and Serena Zalkowitz '17.
- Lauren Conte '18 earned a third place finish in the 1,000-yard free with her time of 11:15.79.
- Alexa Code '20 also notched a third place finish in the 50-yard backstroke as she clocked in at 28.44.
- Kerrich earned a second place finish in the 50-yard breast event as she touched the wall in 31.76.
- In the 100-yard fly, Leah Cravitz '20 finished third with a mark of 1:01.85.
- Murphy claimed second in the 50-yard free with her time of 25.06, and also finished second in the 100-yard backstroke event with a mark of 59.41. Freshman Hannah O'Halloran finished the event right behind her in third with a time of 1:00.69.
- Kylie Han '19 finished in second in the 100-yard breast event with a time of 1:06.13.
- Emily Kessler '18 won the 1-meter diving event with her score of 216.89, while Devon Cooper '19 finished third with a score of 199.87.
- Kessler also claimed first in the 3-meter event with her score of 239.99.
- The Cardinals are right back in the pool tomorrow as they will host the U.S. Coast Guard Academy at 1 p.m.