Score: Wesleyan 192, U.S. Coast Guard 108
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Wesleyan Natatorium)
Date: Saturday, January 28th
Time: 1 p.m.
The Lead: Celebrating "Senior Day", the Wesleyan University women's swimming and diving team came away with an impressive 192-108 victory over the U.S. Coast Guard Academy on Saturday afternoon.
- Hannah O'Halloran '20, Kylie Han '19, Leah Cravitz '20 and Grace Middleton '20 led the 400-yard medley relay team to victory with their time of 4:07.75, just narrowly defeating the team of Caroline Murphy '20, Zoe Kerrich '18, Charlotte Pitts '18 and Serena Zalkowitz '17 who came in second with a time of 4:08.02.
- Maela Whitcomb '19 came out with the win in the 1,000-yard free event with a mark of 11:05.45, while teammate Alexa Code '20 finished third with a time of 11:39.11. Whitcomb also earned a second place finish in the 200-yard back with a mark of 2:16.38.
- O'Halloran continued her impressive freshman campaign with a victory in the 100-yard backstroke event, finishing with a time of 59.44. Sophomore Julia Dietz finished second with a mark of 1:02.43. O'Halloran also earned a first place finish in the 200-yard backstroke event, finishing in 2:13.22.
- Wesleyan swan to the top two spots in the 100-yard breast event as Han finished with a time of 1:09.46 and Kerrich followed in second with a mark of 1:10.57. They also finished 1-2 in the 200-yard event with times of 2:32.67 and 2:35.65 respectively.
- In the 200-yard fly Pitts and Lauren Conte '18 finished second and third with times of 2:21.17 and 2:24.41 respectively.
- Murphy won the 50-yard fly with a time of 25.02 while Sophia Antonio '19 earned a third place finish with a time of 26.22.
- Whitcomb and Cravitz finished 1-2 in the 200-yard IM with times of 2:19.13 and 2:20.53 respectively.
- The 400-yard relay team of Middleton, Murphy, Kerrich and O'Halloran touched the wall first with their time of 3:41.01.
- Wesleyan claimed the top three spots in the 1-meter diving event, as Emily Kessler '18, Devon Cooper '19 and Erin Angell finished with scores of 246.00, 212.78 and 201.30 respectively.
- The three divers also swept the top spots in the 3-meter event with scores of 230.47, 228.60 and 216.67 respectively.
- The Cardinals will have some time off before they will head to Bowdoin for NESCAC Championships from Friday, Feb. 10- Sunday, Feb. 12. Events will begin at 10 a.m. each day.