BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Wesleyan University women's swimming & diving team set a school record in the 400-yard freestyle relay on Sunday, as the Cardinals competed in one event at the Women's February Invitational at Bowdoin College in Brunswick, Maine.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Senior captain Zoe Kerrich, and sophomores Caroline Murphy, Hannah O'Halloran and Grace Middleton compiled a tremendous performance in the 400 freestyle relay with a time of 3:28.01.
- The four superb athletes broke their own record, as the program's previous-best time of 3:29.15 was achieved by the group during the 2016-17 campaign.
- Kerrich additionally tallied an individual varsity record during the leadoff leg of the relay, as she tallied a time of 51.93 in the 100 freestyle.
- Murphy was outstanding during the three-day NESCAC Championship on Feb. 16-18 in Williamstown, Mass., as she was the conference champion in the 50 backstroke (26.18) and the 100 backstroke (55.99) en route to earning All-Conference honors in the events.
- Kerrich, who grew up in Chappaqua, N.Y., also performed tremendously during the conference meet, setting a program-record of 29.89 in the 50 breaststroke, and she also set a school record in the final of the 200 IM (2:08.20).
- Middleton, who has been a consistent presence in the Cardinals' lineup this season, swam an exceptional race during the final of the 100 freestyle at the conference championship, clocking a time of 53.92
- O'Halloran, who competed alongside Murphy at the 2017 NCAA Division III Championship, has compiled a trio of first-place finishes in individual events this season.
- Junior Devon Cooper will make her debut at the NCAA Division III Zone Diving Qualifier on Friday-Saturday in Middlebury, Vt.