MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Wesleyan women's swimming and diving team hosted Tufts, Williams and WPI in its first semester finale on Saturday afternoon. Caroline Murphy and Mengmeng Gibbs led the charge for the Cardinals, highlighted by Murphy's first-place finish in the 50-yard back. Wesleyan fell to Tufts (234-80), Williams (239-73) and WPI (169-145).
- Murphy's time of 27.42 in the 50-yard back 27.42 was the top-performance in the event, while she placed fifth in the 100-yard free (54.72) and 11th in 200-yard free (2:01.43).
- Gibbs had a stellar performance in all three of her races. In the 100-yard breast she clocked in at 1:07.04, which was good for second-place. She also placed second in the in 200-yard breast (2:27.69), while she came in third in the 50-yard breast with a time of 31.20.
- Hannah O'Halloran swam to a sixth-place finish in the 50-yard back (28.71) and recorded an eighth-place nod in the 200-yard back (2:15.93).
- Julia Dietz had a solid day, placing fifth in the 100-yard back with a time of 1:02.24 and 10th in the 50-yard back, clocking in at 28.90.
- In the 50-yard breast, Kylie Han placed ninth with a time of 33.61.
- Grace Middleton had well-rounded performances, placing eighth in 50-yard free (25.65), ninth in the 100-yard free (55.68) and 12th in the 50-yard fly (28.11).
- Cameron Kahn placed 10th in the 100-yard back (1:04.92), while Maela Whitcomb came in 10th in the 200-yard back with a time of 2:16.14
- The 400-yard free relay team composed of Murphy, Gibbs, O'halloran and Middleton clocked in at 3:41.10, which was good for fourth place.
- First-year Talia Lanckton placed fourth off the 1-meter board with a mark of 196.55.
- Wesleyan will be idle until January 5th when they entertain Hamilton.