Jan 27, 2019
BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Wesleyan women's swimming and diving team concluded the weekend with a 178-117 loss at Bowdoin on Sunday afternoon.
- Three individuals earned first-place finishes during the meet. Caroline Murphy won the 100-yard back (58.85) and the 100-yard free (54.99), while Mengmeng Gibbs claimed the 100-yard breast (1:09.04) and 200-yard back (2:29.41). Grace Middleton earned first-place for the Cardinals in the 50-yard free with a time of 25.35
- The 200-yard medley relay team (Murphy, Gibbs, Middleton and Rachel Townsend) earned second-place accolades with a time of 1:51.12, while the 400-yard free relay (Murphy, Hannah O'Halloran, Middleton and Gibbs) came in second with a time of 3:37.13.
- Runner-up finishes included Kylie Han in the 100-yard breast (1:10.21), Middleton in the 100-yard free (55.09), and O'Halloran in the 200-yard back (2:09.58)
- Third-place finishes came from O'Halloran in the 200-yard free (2:00.63), Julia Dietz in the 100-yard back (1:01.38), Maela Whitcomb in the 200-yard butterfly (2:23.15), Sophia Antonio in the 500-yard free (5:33.00), Amanda McHugh in the 100-yard butterfly (1:03.18), and Townsend in the 200-yard IM (2:19.70)
- Devon Cooper came in third place with 222.67 points off the 1-meter board, while earning fourth off the 3-meter with 200.25 points.
- Wesleyan returns to action on Friday, February 1st with a home meet against Coast Guard, Connecticut College and Fairfield. The meet is scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m.