MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – Trailing 2-1 after doubles play, the eighth-ranked Wesleyan University women's tennis team rallied in singles action to claim a thrilling NESCAC match over No. 15 Tufts University, 5-4 Sunday afternoon at the John Wood Memorial Tennis Courts.
Wesleyan: 7-4, 4-4 NESCAC
Tufts: 10-5, 4-3 NESCAC
- Tufts claimed doubles play by taking two of the three matches.
- Wesleyan won No. 1 doubles, 8-2, as Eudice Chong '18 and Helen Klass-Warch '18 defeated Lauren Louks and Mina Karamercan.
- The Cardinals won No. 1, No. 2, No. 5 and No. 6 singles to earning the thrilling win.
- Chong defeated Louks in the No. 1 spot, 6-2, 6-4, and Victoria Yu '19 won No. 2 singles by scores of 6-4 and 7-5 over Kamerercan.
- In the No. 5 spot, Dasha Dubinsky '18 defeated Zoe Miller with scores of 6-4 and 6-2, and Aashli Budhiraja '18 won 6-2, 7-5 against Chelsea Hayashi in the No. 6 spot.
- The Cardinals return to the court Wednesday, April 27 and will face Trinity College on the road beginning at 3:30 p.m.
- The Jumbos are back in action Saturday, April 30 and will wrap up its 2015-16 regular season schedule with back-to-back matches against Bowdoin and Williams beginning at 10 a.m.