Scores: Wesleyan 9, Bates 0
Records: Wesleyan (11-3, 5-3 NESCAC); Bates (7-11, 4-5 NESCAC)
Location: Lewiston, Maine
Date: Saturday, April 29
The Lead: The seventh-ranked Wesleyan University women's tennis team cruised to a 9-0 victory over Bates in its 2016-17 regular season finale.
- The fourth-ranked doubles duo in the country, Eudice Chong '18 and Victoria Yu '19 earned an 8-2 win in the top position against Maisie Silverman and Bella Stone.
- Helen Klass-Warch '18 and Nicole McCann '18 defeated Elizabeth Erbafina and Isabelle Rovinski by a score of 8-3.
- Aashli Budhiraja '18 and Dasha Dubinsky '18 completed the double sweep as they claimed an 8-0 win over Lauren Hernandez and Kate Rosenthal.
- Chong and Yu claimed wins in the top two positions for the Cardinals by scores of 6-4, 6-3 and 6-0, 6-2, respectively. Chong defeated Silverman, while Yu claimed the victory over Erbafina.
- Klass-Warch won her match in straight sets, 6-2, 6-0 against Stone. McCann also claimed a straight sets win in the No. 4 position, 6-1, 6-0 over Rovinski.
- Dubinsky earned a 6-1, 6-1 victory in the five position against Rosenthal, while Julia Kim '20 sealed the win for Wesleyan, defeating Olivia Voccola 6-3, 6-2 in the No. 6 spot
- Wesleyan awaits its seeding for the NESCAC Championships, which will be held Friday, May 5 – Sunday, May 7 at Williams College.