MEDFORD, Mass. – Molly Schassberger '17 and Jenny Aguiar '19 won events to lead the Wesleyan University women's indoor track & field team to a third-place finish Saturday at the 2016 Tufts Stampede.
Result: 3rd of 18 (118 points)
Location: Gantcher Center, Tufts University
Top-Five: 1. Stonehill (173.50), 2. Tufts (168.50), 3. Wesleyan (118), 4. So. Conn. St. (73), 5. Wellesley (41)
- Aguiar paced the field in the 600 meter run with a first-place time of 1:38.18. Hannah Goodman '16 and Isabella Reilly '19 also competed in the event and took fifth (1:46.24) and seventh (1:48.93), respectively.
- Schassberger won the 3,000m in 10:21.32, while the Cardinals took three of the top four spots. Julia Mitchell '19 finished third in 10:38.82, and Christina Hebner '17 placed fourth in 10:44.16. All three times were personal bests, while Schassberger's mark currently ranks 34th in Division III. In addition, Rhoen Fiutak '19 claimed 10th with a mark of 11:11.95.
- In over events, Alexis Walker '16 took second overall in the 60m dash with a time of 7.92 seconds, Allegra Fils-Aime '19 earned second in the 200m dash with a mark of 26.66 seconds, and Ananya Subrahmanian '18 placed second in the 400m dash with a time of 1:00.11.
- Wesleyan also took home third and fourth in the 400m dash as Sarah Swenson '18 placed third in 1:00.41 and Alexandra Dibrindisi '19 finished fourth in 1:01.52.
- In the 1,000m run, Sydney Cogswell '16 crossed the finish line in 3:13.09 to take fifth overall and Claudia Schatz '19 placed eighth with a time of 3:23.44.
- Sylwia Lipior '18 and Nikita Rajgopal '17 claimed sixth and seventh, respectively, in the one mile run with marks of 5:33.93 and 5:36.71.
- Joie Akerson '17 took home seventh-place in the 5,000m run with a personal-best time of 19:25.08.
- The 4x800 team consisting of Cogswell, Schatz, Lipior and Julien placed second as the quartet finished in 9:47.81.
- In the high jump, Katie Maehl '19 earned second overall with a leap of 1.57m, and Kiley Kennedy '16 placed second in the pole vault with a vault of 3.05m.
- Wesleyan returns to the track Saturday, Feb. 6 and will host the Wesleyan Indoor Invitational beginning at 10 a.m.