MIDDLETOWN, Conn. - Sydney Cogswell '16 and Allegra-Fils-Aime '19 each earned victories as did as the Wesleyan University women's track and field team competed in the Wesleyan Invitational II. The 4x400 team of Sarah Swenson '18, Alexandra Dibrindisi '19, Ananya Subrahmanyan '18 and Jenny Aquiar '19 also grabbed a first place finish for the Cardinals.
- Senior Sydney Cogswell captured first in the 800m run with a mark of 2:25.09. Freshman Claudia Schatz came in fifth with a time of 2:32.81.
- Wesleyan was victorious in the 4x400m relay as the team of Sarah Swenson '18, Alexandra Dibrindisi '19, Ananya Subrahmanyan '18 and Jenny Aquiar '19 crossed the line with a time of 4:03.89
- The Cardinals impressed in the 400m dash as they captured 1st, 3rd and 4th in the event. Subrahmanyan lead the way with her first place finish coming in with a time of 1:00.12. Fellow Swenson was able to cross the line it third with a time of 1:00.88 while Dibrindisi crossed the finish line with a time of 1:00.99 which was good enough for fourth place.
- In the 60m dash, Alexis Walker '16 grabbed a third place finish with a time of 8.08
- Sophomore Aida Julien was able to capture a third place finish in the 600m run with a time of 1:42.17.
- Nikita Rajgopal '17 captured third in the 100m run with an impressive mark of 3:16.79.
- Allegra Fils-Aime '19 earned herself a first place finish in the triple jump with a mark of 11.07m
- Cardinals freshman Katie Maehl captured fifth in the high jump with a mark of 1.52.
- In the pole vault, Kiley Kennedy captured second place with a mark of 3.20. Colleen O'Neil came in fifth with a mark of 2.75.
- Walker captured a second place finish in the long jump with a mark of 5.21m.
- The Cardinals return to the track on Saturday, Feb. 13 as they compete in the MIT Invitational.