MIDDLETOWN, Conn. - Hosting its first track and field meet of the spring season, the Wesleyan University women's track and field team put on a strong performance by capturing five events in the Wesleyan Spring Classic Saturday.
- In the 100 meter dash, senior Alexis Walker claimed first with her time of 12.72. Sarah Swenson '18 came in sixth, crossing the line with a time of 13.35.
- Jenny Aguiar '19 captured first in the 400 meter dash with her time of 1:00.07.
- Allegra Fils-Aime '19 crossed the line in second place with a time of 26.67 in the 200 meter dash, while teammate Ellie Martin '16 crossed the line right behind her in third with a time of 26.69.
- The Cardinals A and B 4x400 meter relay teams showed their talents, finishing first and third in the event. The A team, comprised of Aguiar, Alexandra Dibrindisi '19, Aida Julien '18, and Ananya Subrahmanian '18, finished with a time of 4:03.29. Coming in third with a time of 4:16.51 was the 'B' squad made up of Sydney Cogswell '16, Hannah Goodman '16, Isabella Reilly '19, and Claudia Schatz '19.
- Walker took home her second first place finish of the day, as she was able to capture first in the long jump with a mark of 5.37m.
- Fils-Aime won the triple jump event with an impressive mark of 10.86m.
- In the pole vault event, Kiley Kennedy '16 came in fourth, clearing 2.90m while Colleen O'Neil captured fifth with a mark of 2.75m.
- Wesleyan will return to action on Saturday, April 2, as they will compete in the U.S. Coast Guard Academy Invitational.