Apr 09, 2016
AMHERST, Mass. - The Wesleyan University women's track and field team competed in the Amherst Invitational on Saturday, and finished fourth overall.
- RESULT: 4th place
- LOCATION: Amherst College
- TOP-THREE: WPI, Coast Guard, Amherst
- Jenny Aguiar '19 claimed first place in the 400-meter hurdles with a 1:05.71.
- The Wesleyan 4x400 team of Aguiar, Alexandra Dibrindisi '19, Aida Julien '18, Ananya Subrahmanian '18, Sydney Cogswell '16, and Hannah Goodman '16 took home first place with their finals time of 4:06.89.
- In the 100-meter dash, freshman Allegra Fils-Aime came in fifth place as she crossed the line with a time of 13.07. She would alsAlexandra Dibrindisie 200-meter dash with a mark of 26.83.
- Alexandra Dibrindisi '19 claimed third place in the 400-meter dash as she crossed the line with a time of 1:00.55.
- Coming in fourth in the 1500-meter run was junior Molly Schassberger, who crossed the line with a time of 4:49.49. Junior Caroline Elmendorf came in sixth with a time of 4:51.07.
- In the 5000-meter run freshman Rhoen Fiutak came in seventh place with a time of 18:57.49.
- Katie Maehl '19 finished the high jump event in fifth place with a mark of 1.53m.
- Sophomore Colleen O'Neil took home fifth place in the pole vault event as she was able to clear 3.05m.
- Fils-Aime finished second in the triple jump with a mark of 10.86m.
- The Cardinals will return to the track on Friday April 15 as they will compete in the two-day Connecticut College Invitational.